My canon camera keeps showing this error memoy card lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostinthefuture

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
hello to all!
I have a canon camera that I love! but now when I try to take pictures it shows this " camera ship lock" or memory card error" "memorycard lock" I have no idea what is going on.
I look a the memory card and the lock is down,and if I use it in another camer is ok,but I put it back in the canon and it shows lock?
any ideazs?

Solution
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

If the card works in another camera and not in the Canon, then the problem is in the 'Canon + Card' combination. Use a magnifying glass and ensure that the lock is indeed in the open position, and that there is nothing sticking or impeding the 'open'.

You can also try using a different memory card in the Canon and see how that functions. This will help isolate the problem.
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

If the card works in another camera and not in the Canon, then the problem is in the 'Canon + Card' combination. Use a magnifying glass and ensure that the lock is indeed in the open position, and that there is nothing sticking or impeding the 'open'.

You can also try using a different memory card in the Canon and see how that functions. This will help isolate the problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.