Solved! MY CAPACITOR JUST BLEW IT WAS 15,000 MICRO FARAD ELNA CAPACITOR 63VOLTS, I ALREA

ANTHONY TOLENTINO

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
MY YAMAHA DSP R992 CAPACITOR JUST EXPLODED AFTER I CONNECT IT TO 10 SPEAKERS. THE CAPACITORS BRAND WAS ELNA 15,000 MICRO FARAD 63 VOLTS. I REPLACED IT WITH THE SAME VALUE AND ONE RESISTOR THAT WAS BURNT, IT WORKED FOR 2 DAYS BUT ON ITS 3RD DAY IT EXPLODE AGAIN. COULD IT BE THE BRAND THAT I REPLACED WAS AT FAULT OR THERE ARE OTHER PARTS THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED SO THAT IT WILL NOT EXPLODE(SAME CAPACITOR BUT JUST THE LEFT CHANNEL EXPLODED. PLS HELP ME

Solution
the answer might be one or the other, or both!

that is why you cant replace pieces that look burnt or exploded.
there might be another weak piece somewhere down (or up) the road.

the only way to test it is like this:
1. you take each piece off of the board and test it.
2. you get the specifications and learn what the impedance of each circuit is supposed to be, then just use a multimeter to test the impedance.
if the impedance is way off, then something in the circuit is bad.
real experience would tell the person 'if the impedance is this much different.. then of course these pieces are bad'
but, as circuits get more complex.. it could be a combination of things that amount to the same impedance change.

if there is a more advanced...

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
the answer might be one or the other, or both!

that is why you cant replace pieces that look burnt or exploded.
there might be another weak piece somewhere down (or up) the road.

the only way to test it is like this:
1. you take each piece off of the board and test it.
2. you get the specifications and learn what the impedance of each circuit is supposed to be, then just use a multimeter to test the impedance.
if the impedance is way off, then something in the circuit is bad.
real experience would tell the person 'if the impedance is this much different.. then of course these pieces are bad'
but, as circuits get more complex.. it could be a combination of things that amount to the same impedance change.

if there is a more advanced way of doing it, i really dont know it.
and i would expect to learn something like that in college.
i know sometimes you can use an oscilloscope to compare the waveform.. and the waveform difference could easily tell which pieces are bad, based on the change.

usually the experienced electrical person can say 'it is one of these few combinations' and then remove those pieces to test them.
the good ones go back in and the bad ones get replaced.
but that means you have to know how to shop for quality replacement pieces.

Solution