my cat died and I had a ton of pictures of her on my phone. but I deleted them on accident. is there anyway I could recover th

Myriah

Commendable
May 27, 2016
OK so my cat died. And before she died I took a ton of pictute Of her. Bit then I was cleaning out my photos and accidentally selected the whole album. Is there anyway I can recover them? I have a zte maven.

Solution
This is a long shot but in the circumstances, it's worth a try. Go to the Google Play Store and download Root File Manager. You don't have to root the phone to use it.

Install it and use it to try to find a folder named Lost.dir. It's Android's equivalent to Windows Recycle Bin and with luck, you may find your photos in there.

It's also worth connecting the phone to a Wiindows system by USB and looking around in there. You may discover something.
This is a long shot but in the circumstances, it's worth a try. Go to the Google Play Store and download Root File Manager. You don't have to root the phone to use it.

Install it and use it to try to find a folder named Lost.dir. It's Android's equivalent to Windows Recycle Bin and with luck, you may find your photos in there.

It's also worth connecting the phone to a Wiindows system by USB and looking around in there. You may discover something.

Solution

jtown82

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016
make sure usb debugging is turned on in the settings. hook it to your computer. get a free program like https://www.piriform.com/recuva or any other software you like. this one is the same company who make ccleaner has been around for several years. hopefully your phone will show up in the list of drives it sees. let it scan the drive and hopefully it will find them or some and you can copy them to your computer or back into your phone

Here is how file deletion works for pretty much ALL devices that have static storage IE computers, laptops, phones, HHD/SSD/m.2/ ect. when you delete a file normally on a phone and or delete it from a computer then delete it from say a recycle bin it doesn't actually remove the file from the hard drive or erase it. it removes the "directions" so to speak of where that file is located on the hard drive. which then make you not see it anymore. now what happens is when those directions or "pointers" are remove for a file. the file is no longer protected from being over written and that is how you can permanently lose data. what data recovery software does it scan for all files that do not have pointers associated with them. that is why anytime you lose data from deletion you do not want to move, copy, install much of anything else on that device until you have recovered your data, as every time you do install something or create new files you run the risk of a file that was deleted then being over written.