My Chrome browser visited this URL thousands of times by itself, was it a DDOS?

Rossdowling321

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014
Hi there, when I was looking through my history on chrome to find a page i was at earlier I found that there was this website named something like "usersecuritysafe.date/DH...blablabla" that had been visited more than a few thousand times, was this a breach on the security of my pc/browser? what steps do i take to protect myself and quarantine the problem if there is one?

Solution
Try to figure out what software application was "phoning home". Or trying to do so.

Use Task Manager to see what programs are being launched at system startup and running in the background.

Could be some "crapware" software that snuck in along with some other application, update, or driver.

Try to figure out what software application was "phoning home". Or trying to do so.

Use Task Manager to see what programs are being launched at system startup and running in the background.

Could be some "crapware" software that snuck in along with some other application, update, or driver.

Solution

mdd1963

Distinguished
Glasswire firewall will put a plain English name on which country the server is in which is being accessed, as well as the application responsible for the connection, and, the ability to block a connection with a single click......

https://www.glasswire.com/