Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahazbz

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
My chrome book very recently started having trouble keeping tabs open without having to reload after switching. Now, in the last week or so, it sometimes just reloads everything randomly!
I obviously became immediately concerned, so I downloaded the "System app" to check my Ram usage( I assumed it was a memory related issue). It is telling me 80% used out of 2GB available! I also checked whatever extension you can type into the web search bar to bring up system details in chrome and that said the same thing. Task manager is normal, no extra apps.

Please, WHAT IS GOING ON? Is this some type of virus? My computer did NOT used to be this slow. Can't even load Youtube at 240p ! It is ridiculous that this computer uses 80% of physical ram with chrome closed, no other apps open, and a reloaded background. It didn't used to be like this. Please.... just help my life go back to normal.

Using Chrome OS, not windows. Cannot upgrade ram( It is a closed system).

Thank you for your responses.

Bahazbz

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015
LOL as soon as I wrote this problem solved!

Follow these steps to use your GPU to accelerate video rendering and page layout loading. This will also reduce your ram usage.
Mine went down by 30% !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XOk2vhuifk

Really easy and helpful.

CAUTION: Using accelerated GPU does not actually fix your ram issue, only patches it. The computer will also get much hotter much faster too so be wary if it is in a laptop or especially a net-book like mine. Desktops should have no issue.

* Should theorhetically work for Windows and Mac too!
Fixed my Chomebook! (temporarily) SO, so happy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.