my computer stays blank when i turn it on

IDK_how

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
Ok my computer is a desktop compaq presario cq456 and when i turn it on the screen stays black. No bios screen or colour changes... although when i turn it on the monitor says 'no signal' -_-. I can tell you now the problem is not persisting because of ram or a faulty graphics card (N-Vidia geforce 9500). I have tried other monitors and same story and tried using default graphics and the hard disks work fine. However i do have a clue to what might have happened but its unlikely. All help is appreciated thx :)

luks104

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Are your keyboard and mouse getting power. Sounds like a faulty PSU or motherboard. (Recently had a similar problem. Turned out to be the motherboard. ) Do you, by any chance, have a spare PSU to see if it's the mobo's fault or PSU fault?

IDK_how

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015

well my mouse and keyboard are getting power and i have tried another psu and same problem...

luks104

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
When you said, that u tested it with no graphics card, did you plug the hdmi/dvi/vga cable in to the motherboard(running of integrated graphics). But it's probably the mobo's fault. Do you get any beep codes on startup?