My Computer Turns off After A Few Seconds

Deepesh Shenoy

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I Brought a 2 Old 2006-07 Model used PC's Which Was kept Closed for 2 years from 13-15 And Now , The Computer Turns on , But Turns Off After A Few Seconds, The CPU Was Too Hot When I Checked What The Issue Is . I Cant EVne Get to the BIOS As it turns off , The Processor Was Too Hot after 10secs After starting. Here Are My PC Specs

1st PC :Working But No Display
RAm:1GB DDR2
PSU:250W
GPu:not AVailable/Fixes And No Express Slot As Well
Mobo: Asus P5GD2-TVM
HDD:30GB
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 SL8J9 @ 2.93Ghz

2nd PC : Working But turns Off After Few Seconds
RAM : 128Mb DDR-400
PSU : 450W
HDD: 40Gb
Mobo : Gigabyte ga-8i865-gm-775
GPU not Available No Express Slot
Processor : Intel Pentium 4 SL8J9 @ 2.93Ghz

3rd PC : No Display And The CPU Seems Fine
RAM : 1GB DDR2
PSU : 450W
HDD : 500GB , 160GB , 40 GB
Mobo : Asus P5kPl-Am/Ps
GPU Not Available
Processor : Intel Pentium D 820 SL8CP @ 2.8Ghz

The Third PC Doesnt Turns On Sometimes But Sometime Does . Also the 2nd and 3rd Pc Switches Off After a few seconds But the 2nd Pc Sends data to monitor whereas 3rd Pc Doesnt Send Data To Monitor

The Ist PC Doesn't Turn off The Fan keeps Running But No Display
Please tell me How to Fix this

Solution
For the overheating system, remove and clean off the heatsink and CPU, install with new heat grease.

The systems with no displays, likely a bad power supply or motherboard. The one you said was getting too hot and shuts off may also be a bad power supply or motherboard. Unless you already have the parts to repair them, I would just toss them and get working systems, Pentium 4 systems are being sold for $50 or so, at times less, which is about what the cost of a motherboard and power supply would be.
For the overheating system, remove and clean off the heatsink and CPU, install with new heat grease.

The systems with no displays, likely a bad power supply or motherboard. The one you said was getting too hot and shuts off may also be a bad power supply or motherboard. Unless you already have the parts to repair them, I would just toss them and get working systems, Pentium 4 systems are being sold for $50 or so, at times less, which is about what the cost of a motherboard and power supply would be.

Solution