My dad accidentally installed a Search Conduit PUP on my computer, please help me.

AgentMcMuffin

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
I let my dad use my computer over the weekend and for some reason he thought it would be okay to install some random program on my computer. It was a mp3 downloader program. now i come back and go on my computer and there is search conduit by ltd. I uninstalled it and the other program it installed with it with iobit powerful uninstalller which removes all treaces of the program from the computer. all of a sudden four more programs get installed. now my google chrome is infected as fuck, i need to know how to get rid of all this shit and this is exactly why i was never comfortable with my dad using my 1200 dollar computer setup in the first place, because his own computers have been destroyed by viruses because he doesnt have the same sense of whats safe and whats not. Anyway, how exactly should i go about removing everything from my computer and browser. I'm sure there is some free malware removal program i can use specifically made for these self resurrecting PUP's? Thanks

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
1.Download and run malwarebytes. Run the full scan in safe mode

2.Open msconfig, click the startup tab and/or the services tab and disable anything you know for sure are related to conduit there

3.Download and run ccleaner. Clean your temporary internet files and fix your registry errors

4.Reinstall your internet browser

5.Open cmd and type these in
Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
Ipconfig /flushdns

6. Open your browser and remove your proxy settings if any of them were set up
Hope this helps you :)

Reyaz123

Estimable
May 8, 2015
1.Download and run malwarebytes. Run the full scan in safe mode

2.Open msconfig, click the startup tab and/or the services tab and disable anything you know for sure are related to conduit there

3.Download and run ccleaner. Clean your temporary internet files and fix your registry errors

4.Reinstall your internet browser

5.Open cmd and type these in
Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
Ipconfig /flushdns

6. Open your browser and remove your proxy settings if any of them were set up
Hope this helps you :)

AgentMcMuffin

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014

Really? I have IObit Systemcare. Is there a better alternative system cleaner and defragmenter?

AgentMcMuffin

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014

Thank you very much i'm working on it now. I'll let you know :D

AgentMcMuffin

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014

Yup it seemed to have worked thank you very much!

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015

Yes, CCleaner. You don't need a defragger but if you must use a 3rd party defragger then use Defraggler. Both created by Piriform. http://www.piriform.com/products

IObit Systemcare has been caught stealing Malwarebytes signature database so IObit Systemcare are not run by the nicest people.

For good measure that your system is clean from Conduit you can run regedit. You might find some traces left behind from Conduit that is now inactive.
Go to start, on the search bar type regedit and open the program.
On the registry Editor go to edit, and click on find. On the Find bar type Conduit and click find next. Delete the entry it finds and keep doing this until it can't find any more Conduit traces. Some malwares gets revive a couple days later because of this.

There is a program called Unchecky that can prevent this from happening again. What it does is uncheck those PUP that comes with installer by default so the user have to manually check it instead of just blindly agreeing everything that the installer recommend by default in order to install those annoying unwanted programs. www.unchecky.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Xenoboa88 Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
CGoody564 Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
giqrgakhs Antivirus / Security / Privacy 2
Y Antivirus / Security / Privacy 0
m.c. Antivirus / Security / Privacy 0
S Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
arimich Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
E Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
Q Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1
D Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3
T Antivirus / Security / Privacy 3