My daughter's Acer aspire v3-571g was on charge when we suffered a power failure, it now will not start up/turn on. when you

Hello man

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013

Have you tried powering it up with the charger plugged in? Ask her about her battery life before hand. You could have killed the battery from a surge.

hammy434

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
i assume there are no lights indicating any life when you press the power button on the laptop. if this happened to me id try these things:

plug the charger in, check if it turns on. i assume youve done that already though. another thing you can try is plug the charger in, and hold the power button down for 2 minutes. if the charging light turns on, then you can probably let go of the power button and then turn it on normally. what happened on my asus laptop was that the battery was completely drained and wouldn't turn on, even with charger. so i held power button down and after about 5 seconds the charging light came on and it turned on normally.

if it doesn't work try removing the charger + battery and holding the power button down for 2 minutes, then putting both of them back in and powering it on. also although this is really obvious make sure your doing it for 2 minutes. i.e. use a clock with a second hand, not just going like "its probably about 2 minutes now.".

hope this helps :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 1
granadt Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 6
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Codydebruh Laptop Tech Support 3
EsmaGraham Laptop Tech Support 17
H Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1