UnhappyDellD630

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
My Dell Latitude D630 laptop has been acting up since November. I know it's a glitch and I know it's the touch pad. I have ran all the scans, defragged, re-installed my Win7 OS...IT'S STILL THERE. I cannot uninstall the P/S 2 touchpad either. Viewing e-mail, pics, etc. is impossible (automatically scrolls, and there is NO WAY to stop automatic scrolling). Some programs and browser windows scroll to the bottom, while ALL windows and programs autoscroll to the right. I know this is a glitch, but again, I cannot uninstall the touch pad. I know it's the touch pad! I am getting a new laptop in a few weeks (my Dell Latitude D630 is from 2006). What do you suggest? Can I fix this, either by myself or by a professional? I did some reading around. It looks like I am not the only one with these kinds of issues.

UnhappyDellD630

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

I tried doing that. When I restarted the computer, several beeps. When checked to see if it was disabled, it wasn't. The only option under Mouse Properties is Driver Details. The disable option is not a choice, just Driver Details. I will try disabling it from the BIOS.

UnhappyDellD630

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

Yes. I did that, but an overall fix that I did was simply disable the touchpad in BIOS with F2, and an external keyboard. Had to fight the glitch, but with enough power, I did it!