my "formatted" micro sd card won't read in my cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

This is possible. If it's an older camera newer higher capacity memory cards (SDHC, SDXC) might not work due to file system being exFAT instead of FAT32 I belive. But if your camera is rated for 32GB capacities then that might not be the problem as it's probably rated for at least SDHC. It's possible it won't accept SDXC cards though.

bearballew

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
I have tried all three formats types. They are correctly formatted to fit the cameras, and they work on the computer. I have read that the maximum amount of memory for a camera is only 32 GB. Maybe that's why my 125 GB won't work in the camera. It works on my son's phone just fine. Any other suggestions?

aparnell572

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
Ah so I assumed these were used in the camera before, makes sense now. Nope, there's nothing you can do besides buy a higher end and/or newer camera that supports more memory. Good luck

bearballew

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
[No, they are brand new SD cards. .the cameras are older though. ..

quotemsg=17752567,0,2219529]Ah so I assumed these were used in the camera before, makes sense now. Nope, there's nothing you can do besides buy a higher end and/or newer camera that supports more memory. Good luck[/quotemsg]

bearballew

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
Yes, we've tried three cameras and a phone. None of them can format it.

bjornl

Estimable

do they support that capacity of card?

Michael Trenton

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015

This is possible. If it's an older camera newer higher capacity memory cards (SDHC, SDXC) might not work due to file system being exFAT instead of FAT32 I belive. But if your camera is rated for 32GB capacities then that might not be the problem as it's probably rated for at least SDHC. It's possible it won't accept SDXC cards though.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.