My home theatre is running for sometime and then suddenly stops

surya-1234

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
Hey Guys i hope you have a nice day
I have PHILIPS HTS5540 home theater.It worked for 1 year very good
But now when i on the home theater it first gets switched on works for 10 seconds and then suddenly stops
What could be the possible reasons for that ?And how to fix it ?
Pls help me out guys
Thanks in advance :) :)
Home theater link http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/HTS5540_94/5.1-home-theater

Solution
It could be going into protection due to a bad speaker or speaker cable. Disconnect all the speakers and see if it comes on normally.
If it does then connected them on at a time until the unit shuts down.You can connect a different speaker to the same wire to determine if the wire or speaker is bad.
If it still shuts off then disconnect all the inputs too and try it again. This is less likely but worth a try.
If it still has the same problem the fault lies inside the main unit of the HTS. Hope it's still under warranty as these are very rarely worth the expense of repair.
It could be going into protection due to a bad speaker or speaker cable. Disconnect all the speakers and see if it comes on normally.
If it does then connected them on at a time until the unit shuts down.You can connect a different speaker to the same wire to determine if the wire or speaker is bad.
If it still shuts off then disconnect all the inputs too and try it again. This is less likely but worth a try.
If it still has the same problem the fault lies inside the main unit of the HTS. Hope it's still under warranty as these are very rarely worth the expense of repair.

Solution

surya-1234

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016

Hey bro thanks for the reply.Yeah my speaker cables are bitten by some nasty rats in my oldhouse.Do you think thats the reason ?if yes then should i replace the wires ?

surya-1234

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016

thanks bro! .I really appreciate your help