my hp pavilion suddenly shows no display

Karim_K99

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
Hello guys,help me my HP pavilion g6 suddenly stopped displaying and screen went black.
a while ago i've been noticing some flickering and distortion when i move the lid i figured out that its the screen connector wires,yesterday i disassambled the laptop and uncovered the screen cable to join the wires that have been cut( i've done it once before successfully and fixed my screen), but this time two different wires have mistakenly made contact and suddenly the screen goes fully black,the backlight still on but no display at all,i rebooted the device normally ,removed the hdd,tried to drain the CMOS and reboot but no good,nothing coming up on my screen,please help me what should i do i need the device and cannot afford buying a new one right now...

my laptop specs are here:
cpu intel core i5-2430m
gpu AMD radeon hd 6470m/intel hd 3000
8gb of RAM

Hi,

Have you tried connecting an external monitor onto your laptop? If there will be a display on the external monitor that could only mean that it's the LCD this time that has died already. Here are some other troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First I would suggest doing another hard reboot, remove the battery an unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not boot up, remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up or not.
- Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- Next to try is to reseat the RAM's, remove then all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Do also test each RAM's stick one at a time chances 1 RAM stick is just faulty.
- Another test would be to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it or not.
- If there's still no display on the external monitor that means the motherboard is the problem already.

Karim_K99

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016

Hello
unfortunately i've already tried all of the above,did a hard reboot by clearing CMOS,removed everything from the mobo including the RAM and tried 1 RAM stick,connected an external monitor,no good .Although i didnt try another AC adapter i dont have another one around and mine is the original supplied one so i dont think it has a problem my pc is booting with everything normal just with a black screen,i tried moving up with the boot and select windows 7 from boot manager and wait if it reaches desktop,but suddenly all keyboard lights went off but power is still on and it never reached windows desktop,so i dont know what is the meaning of this... i am really confused...