My Hp ProBook 6560 shows several .exe errors, all pointing to code 0x0000142. It runs Windows 7 Pro

betolo61

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
HP ProBook 6560b does not open Internet Explorer. When it reboots, it shows several .exe errors, including, but not llimited to, csc, iexplorer, Rundll, netsh, LZMA_EXE and DPAgent. I ran CCleaner and Malware Bytes several times. I also did a System Restore, which failed, even when it ran on Safe Mode. Whatever it is that's attacking my laptop it's giving me a headache. Otherwise, machine runs OK.

Solution
Hi,

Please see if the same problem happens in safe mode with networking, if doesn't could just be some infections left in the PC. Try antivirus software in your PC might help you remove those infections out.

Also try to disable some of the start up items in your PC.

How to disable start up items:
1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard and a Run box should open.
2. Type msconfig inside the run box then press OK then System Configuration should open.
3. Go to the tab that says Startup.
4. Un-check some of the startup items that are 3rd party software you installed.
5. Click Apply then OK, reboot your PC after.
Hi,

Please see if the same problem happens in safe mode with networking, if doesn't could just be some infections left in the PC. Try antivirus software in your PC might help you remove those infections out.

Also try to disable some of the start up items in your PC.

How to disable start up items:
1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard and a Run box should open.
2. Type msconfig inside the run box then press OK then System Configuration should open.
3. Go to the tab that says Startup.
4. Un-check some of the startup items that are 3rd party software you installed.
5. Click Apply then OK, reboot your PC after.

Solution