My HyperX Cloud II doesn't let me hear myself while gaming - What to buy instead?

Gun Tech

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
I'm happy with this headset. It's closed, so I don't have to hear my PC while gaming, and the PC fan sound isn't picked up by the mike, and my friends say they hear me loud and clear. All I wanted. Except. Since it's closed, I don't hear my voice. I need that for recording, and also to make sure I speak clearly and correctly. All mobile phones let you hear your own voice to get rid of the feeling of talking with earplugs.

(I'm not asking for a software solution or technical advice, since I tried them all and none solved the problem.)

I'm asking to buy another headset with hardware monitoring - i.e. (zero latency) sidetone. Headsets? Because I want the mike close to my mouth and not on the table picking up fan noise and breathing, my headset does a good job of that. This is all because the Recording Devices panel doesn't let me raise the playback volume and Listen checkbox lets me talk into my own mouth with half a second delay, which is unusable.

If I really live on a planet where all headsets for phones allow you to hear yourself, and exactly zero headsets for PC do, I'll accept an alternative hardware solution that
- isolates my ears from ambient sounds, so that I only hear what's coming out from the PC and my voice.
- therefore lets me listen to my voice, so I can hear what I say
- picks up my voice clearly via the mike
- doesn't pick up ambient sounds via the mike

The Cloud IIs do all this except letting me hear my voice.

What's the solution? Separate table mike with a headphone jack that provides the PC sounds+my voice?

My budget is $250.

N.b.: I have NO idea if this is the right forum. But I surely couldn't find a single forum dedicated to "sound", "audio", "gaming", etc. Administrator can kindly move this thread to the appropriate place assuming I'm notified of replies :)

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
There is no real way to give live playback of your voice. You already discovered the listen feature, and how its worthless.
There are certain headsets that have the feature native, but they are low quality.

You have two options:
1) Get used to it, realistically you dont have to hear yourself talk, should be easy. Everyone I game with uses closed back headphones and talks fine. You get used to it.
2) Get an open back headset.

Gun Tech

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

Thanks for answering! I made my original post clearer, I'm looking for buying advice. My headphones block out room sounds which is great, but then of course my voice sounds muffled, well, barely audible. So 1) and 2) are not solutions for me, and there's no technical solution that will let me do it with my current headset.