Solved! My keyboard is not working and the caps lock can't be turned off

Is it only on specific programs? or everywhere?

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Additionally, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

You may also want to check the device for malware, viruses, etc., which can interfere with normal operation.

Is it only on specific programs? or everywhere?

NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Additionally, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

You may also want to check the device for malware, viruses, etc., which can interfere with normal operation.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 3
chaplark Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
dipudangol Laptop Tech Support 8
anasserlp Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 7
R Laptop Tech Support 1