My Keys Aren't Doing What They're Supposed To Do

Essru

Prominent
Jun 11, 2017
When I try to type H I get the history on my browser. When I try to type N, I get a new tab. It seems like the keys are all on a different setting. I have a windows laptop. I have no idea what I might have pressed

Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 14
V Laptop Tech Support 3
E Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
W Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 6
I Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1