My laptop constantly resets itself

joshahbourne

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
To be honest I have no idea how or why this happened, the last thing I remember is partitioning my hard drive (I was just messing around with settings, why not? lol) and that was the last time I saw it on. I get access the boot menu and that's about it :'(

I somehow bricked a usb but revived it with the help of the internet which is what I'm hoping to do here; revive my poor old laptop.

it's a HP stream 13 (13-c050sa) and I was wondering if I could somehow just wipe it and start again with some "special code" and install a Linux distro?

Or is it so busted that it needs professional attention?

Lemme know something

In short.
My laptop constantly resets itself without warning, any ideas on how to fix it?

Hi,

If your laptop does still turns on and goes to the Boot Menu there's still a huge chance you can revive it.
- First, take the HDD of your laptop and install it onto another PC and use it as an external drive.
- You can use an external HDD enclosure: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182313
- Once connected to another PC use Disk Management to format it as an empty drive.
- After the format you can go ahead and proceed installing Linux in it.

Hopefully this will help. :)

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there joshahbourne,

I would agree with Laptop_Nerd. You can use an adapter.
Alternatively, you can use some HDD wiping tool from a flash drive.
In case the issue you are facing is caused by some problematic HDD partitions, this could sort the issues out.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD