My laptop display is just turning off randonly its like im using it right now and all of the screen goes black and i have it to turn it back on again and then the same thing keeps happening it barely works for 5 min before turning off Pls watch the video https/youtu.be/kfXn2iB1UR0
My laptop specs are
Windows 7 home premium sp 1 64bit
Intel core i3 M 380 @2.53GHz
Ram is 3gb
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to connect an external monitor and observe if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the external monitor will work normally that could mean it's the problem with the built in display.
- But if the same problem will result with the external monitor that could mean it's the GPU that is getting faulty.
- Start by doing a clean install of the graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- Lastly, do also a clean install of the Windows.