Question My laptop freezes after closing the game

Mar 3, 2019
Hi i'm using Asus ROG GL552VX so everytime i close the game when i finish playing, my laptop starts to freeze for no reason. And i have to force shutdown by holding the power button for a few secs. Is there any problem with my software/hardware? I also tried troubleshoot but it says the troubleshoot can't identify my problems. Could you help me ?

If this only happen when you play a specific game, which you didn't mention what game, then it is likely something in the game itself that is causing your issue.

Did you add anything to the game? Hacks, add-ons, etc? Is this a game only on your device? Is it one you are playing online (through a browser)? Or is it a combo of both (on your computer but you are also online).

More details are needed.

Mar 3, 2019
I'm playing The Division 2 (open beta). And i never use anything hacks or addons. Only the game and Ubisoft Launcher. I haven't try another game beside the division 2 tho, i just found out weird, i've been playing that game for more than 2 hours but it runs smoothly. But after i log out and close the game it suddenly freeze for no reason.

Mar 3, 2019
I tried to open another game, play it and then close the game but it seems fine. No problem. I think only this game (the division 2) have the problem about freezing after closing the game, is it because my laptop is not compatible with this game or the game itself have an issues from the begining? I also tried tochange the graph to very low, but it keeps freezing after close the game, eventhough i just log, change graph and then close it again to restart the game for graphics changing

Did you try doing as I mentioned before, reboot the computer (turn it off and back on) don't open any other programs, close any that may be open (some auto start) and then try playing to see if it happens then?

If it does, then there is either a flaw/error in the game and I would contact the creators of it to see if there is a fix, or your computer isn't compatible with it.

Start with the reboot, etc., first through.

Mar 3, 2019
Yeah i did reboot it and do as you s
Mentioned before (sorry i forgot to mention this on the previous reply). But still nothing change, my laptop still freeze after i close the game. Even i just log in for like 5 mins and then close the game, my laptop freeze.

Mar 3, 2019
Oh i see. Thanks for the help then. But if i may ask , what would be the problem if my laptop keep freezes not just 1 spesific game, but another game when i close it. Does that mean there's a mailfunction for my system like windows or something? Or there's might be have a problem with my graphics card or my RAM ?

It could still be a number of things.

You could be running other things at the same time, even if in the background or just 'open' but not actively using, that are using up resources needed by the game(s).

You could be trying to run a game(s) that is made for a system with more resources than your computer has.

It could also be that the GPU or CPU are overheating during the time you are playing the game(s).

And that is just a basic start.

Mar 3, 2019
Does format my laptop from begining would do? Because i ve been thinking to format it because i have a minor issues like my laptop is a bit slow recently