Solved! My laptop has a black screen and makes a weird noise.

Aug 16, 2019
I have a lenovo 130-15ast laptop and I was just watching videos and suddenly my keyboard stopped working and my laptop started making a weird sound so I restarted my laptop and now it has a black screen and nothing works. Any tips to fix it?

Last edited:
Solution
I suggest taking the base panel off and look inside, especially the ribbon cables for the screen and the keyboard. You'll probaby need a 2.5mm Pozi screwdriver, an old credit card, some paper and a magnet.

An A4 sheet is ideal to make a map of the screws. Mark a circle on the paper for each screw then take that screw out and put it in the circle. They may all turn out to be the same but some are different and it's important to put them back in the same hole. The magnet stops them falling on the floor.

The credit or hotel key card is to ease the base and top and very gently separate. A rounded corner is a good place to start.
Aug 16, 2019
It could be a number of things. Perhaps the graphics driver was having issues and was resolved by the computer when it reset (after power loss).

Can't say for certain. Let us know if it happens again.
It actually happend again. Suddenly the keyboard stopped working the weird noise appeared and when I tried shutting it down it doesnt shut down but stays at a black screen. Are there any ways to fix it?

I suggest taking the base panel off and look inside, especially the ribbon cables for the screen and the keyboard. You'll probaby need a 2.5mm Pozi screwdriver, an old credit card, some paper and a magnet.

An A4 sheet is ideal to make a map of the screws. Mark a circle on the paper for each screw then take that screw out and put it in the circle. They may all turn out to be the same but some are different and it's important to put them back in the same hole. The magnet stops them falling on the floor.

The credit or hotel key card is to ease the base and top and very gently separate. A rounded corner is a good place to start.

Solution