My laptop is automatically filling in an incorrect passcode. I cannot delete it and when I say I forgot my password it automat

Jul 21, 2018
I turn on my laptop and where I am supposed to enter my password it keeps filling itself out and I cannot make it stop!

Solution
Sounds like a keyboard issue. Perhaps a stuck key? Or there could be debris in it.

If you can't figure out which one, try connecting an external keyboard while the laptop is off, then turn it on. That 'should' make the attached keyboard be disengaged and the external one be used.

However, the only true fix will be to get the key(s) unstuck, or possibly even replace the attached keyboard.
Sounds like a keyboard issue. Perhaps a stuck key? Or there could be debris in it.

If you can't figure out which one, try connecting an external keyboard while the laptop is off, then turn it on. That 'should' make the attached keyboard be disengaged and the external one be used.

However, the only true fix will be to get the key(s) unstuck, or possibly even replace the attached keyboard.

Solution