My Laptop is having battery issues.

Mudig88

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
Whenever it goes to around 25-30%, the laptop completely shuts off without any warning. Then I have to charge it back up again. I suspect that it's not displaying the correct battery life because whenever I'm using the laptop at around full charge, it stays in the mid 90s to 70s for a long period of time before it gradually comes down to around the 30s to a sudden shut down.

Hi,

Try to identify first if it's the battery or the laptop itself that has the problem.
- Remove the battery and boot up the laptop and see if it will still shut down by itself. If it doesn't shut down that means it the battery that is faulty and replacing it would be the only solution but if it will still shut down while connected directly to the wall that means it's something else inside the laptop.
- If the laptop will still shut down by itself with just the AC adapter that means it maybe overheating causing it to shut down.
- Try to clean the inside of the laptop to make sure there's no dust stopping the fans from spinning freely and apply new thermal paste as well on both GPU and CPU.