Solved! My laptop is slow unless I restart it

May 7, 2019
Hi there. I have an gaming laptop (Acer Nitro 5 exactly) that acts very strange. When I boot it up the laptop is very slow even when I click refresh, scroll down through websites and even when bringing up the start menu. Games are even worse. However, if I choose to restart the computer after I booted it up, everything goes as normal. No lag, games runs fine, everything is fine BUT there's something strange though. If I put it on sleep and turn it on then it goes back to run slowly. Now I want to clarify something:
  1. The laptop is new, so is quite a shock to me it acts like this.
  2. I had Linux before but now I run Windows 10 Home on it.
  3. I haven't downloaded any files from suspicious websites and never visited any dangerous websites that can give me a virus. The only things I got is steam, origin, winrar, Mozilla, flash player, msi afterburner, ccleaner, NVIDIA Geforce Now (beta user) and games from steam and origin.
So my question is: What's wrong with my laptop and how can I fix it?
My laptop specs: Ryzen 7 2700U, RX 560 4GB, 8 Ram dual-channel 2666 mhz, 1TB HDD.

Solution
Sounds a lot like you have something that is running on the laptop using up your resources. When you put it in sleep or hibernate you don't get back the resources you would get back when you reboot. I would personally suggest rebooting regularly rather than using sleep or hibernate.

Remember anything you run, even after you shut it down (or worse just minimize it) doesn't give you back all the resources it used. Eventually you can only get them by rebooting.
Sounds a lot like you have something that is running on the laptop using up your resources. When you put it in sleep or hibernate you don't get back the resources you would get back when you reboot. I would personally suggest rebooting regularly rather than using sleep or hibernate.

Remember anything you run, even after you shut it down (or worse just minimize it) doesn't give you back all the resources it used. Eventually you can only get them by rebooting.

Reactions: Blizzard64
Solution
May 7, 2019

Thank you for the information. I'm going to take the laptop to someone to have a look at it and hopefully fix it cause I don't like to restart it everytime I boot it up.