152211713.png

i tested it with hdtunepro_560

another pictures:

305652714.png

558038798.png

421343728.png

528571196.png

Solution
According to the tests results, the HDD should be healthy. Yet, I don't think that these drops of the blue line are normal. It is always a good idea to keep your crucial data stored on at least two places.
Anyway, you can consider getting a 7200 RPM drive or SSD for better performance.

D_Know_WD :)

dudeman509

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015
A standard hard disk will bring the computer to its knees if it's trying to load/access things simultaneously. If it's slow to start up, open MSCONFIG and turn off a few unnecessary startup items.

A SSD upgrade or RAM upgrade (if you have <8 gigs) will improve system speed dramatically.

It starts out fine, but as it approaches 1000GB it seems to be a bit slower than the average 5400RPM hard drive.

Replacing it with another 5400RPM hard drive that is better has average performance will not be much of an improvement. For better performance you should install a SSD. Just be aware that SSDs are still expensive compared to hard drives, but they have definitely dropped in price.

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there tornado0,

In my view, the graph shouldn't really look that way. These drops(blue line) could indicate bad sectors. Also, the access time dots shouldn't really look that way.
What does the health tab show? I guess you can test the drive with some of these as well: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility
Some screenshots of the S.M.A.R.T. report would be of help.
Another thing you can try is to defragment the drive.

Cheers,

D_Know_WD

Estimable
According to the tests results, the HDD should be healthy. Yet, I don't think that these drops of the blue line are normal. It is always a good idea to keep your crucial data stored on at least two places.
Anyway, you can consider getting a 7200 RPM drive or SSD for better performance.

Solution