My laptop is using a wrong graphics card

tweaky123

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014
I bought my HP laptop a month ago.
It has R5 graphics on its CPU (integrated is it?) and R7 M260 (the main one, the one he should be using).
So, I installed PES 16 and before that I checked the specs and they said that I can run it or High.
But when I ran the game it was laggy af at low picture quality.
Is it possible he is using my R5 gpu and not using my R7 ?
Same thing with GTA IV, says I can run it on high (or medium) but when i switch it to low still little bit of lag.
SPECS:
Win 7 Professional
AMD A8-6410 APU 2.00 GHZ with AMD Radeon R5 graphics
ATI Radeon R7 M260
8 GB RAM
1 TB

Solution
Hi,

Yes, you can run that game in Mid - High setting with your graphics card. Here's what you need to change.
- First, uninstall/reinstall the latest graphics card driver from AMD support site.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Make sure that your AMD graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.
- Right click on your desktop without hitting anything and select Catalyst Controller.
- Go to Graphics then Powerplay - Set plugged in and battery to Maximum Performance and click on Apply.
- Then go to Graphics and select 3D then move the slider across to "Performace" so it's set to Optimum Performance.
- Click Apply then test it again.
Hi,

Yes, you can run that game in Mid - High setting with your graphics card. Here's what you need to change.
- First, uninstall/reinstall the latest graphics card driver from AMD support site.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Make sure that your AMD graphics card is set as the default graphics card.

Here's the steps on how to set it to default.
- Right click on your desktop without hitting anything and select Catalyst Controller.
- Go to Graphics then Powerplay - Set plugged in and battery to Maximum Performance and click on Apply.
- Then go to Graphics and select 3D then move the slider across to "Performace" so it's set to Optimum Performance.
- Click Apply then test it again.

Solution

tweaky123

Estimable
Jun 29, 2014

Thank you for your help, I editedt it the way I wanted it to be, but everything is working fine now.
Salute to people like you!