I have a laptop Sony VAIO EA16 for 5 years. Now, its battery is weak and arrived to critical point but it works for about 1 hour. My problem is : when I pluggin my laptop it dos not turn on, It just works with the battery but the battery is not charged when my laptop is turn on. It just is charged when my laptop is turn of or sleep. Some times if I push the head of charger to socket in my laptop, it is charged. When it is charged the light releated to charging is in the flashing state some times and some times it is full light. What is the problem?Thanks!
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the AC adapter if it's still working properly.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then power it on with just the AC adapter connected.
- If the laptop will boot up with just the AC adapter connected that means it's still working properly.
- But if the laptop will not boot up with just the AC adapter connected, that means the AC adapter needs to be replaced already.
- Do also try uninstalling/reinstalling the "microsoft acpi-compliant battery control method" from Device Manager.
Hopefully these steps will help in identifying the issue.