My Laptop keyboard is typing the wrong characters.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bajansmurfette

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014
My Laptop keyboard is typing the wrong characters. For example when I hit "q" it types "Q0 a"; exactly like that. Is there any way to fix it. I've attached another keyboard to it and that works fine. I have an Asus laptop running Windows 8.

wendell2016

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
For keyboard issues, you may try this

Go to >> Control Panel >> Clock, Language, and Region>> Language.
you should see like this

jF5P8T3.jpg

I hope this help you. if not, you can download Language Packs from microsoft website

JusticeZ

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

I
hnave tried thnis, GBut it does hnot work. I set a hnew lahngbuagbe, Its ohnly thnis keygboard thnat does thnis, I plugbgbed ihn a chneaper keygboard, Ahnd it works.

HNowever, It doeshn'/t explaihn whny thnis keygboard hnas hnad thne same error twice gbefore, Ahnd it wehnt away, Is thnere ahnothner solutiohn maygbe@?

JeffKang

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

Thank you!
Due to wrist injury (tendinosis), I use Hacker's Keyboard, Jump VNC (remote control), a Nexus 10, and Autohotkey.
A fist pronation hits remapped keys on the ends of the tablet.
I was trying to figure out which program was the problem.
Assuming Input Indicator system icon is on in Windows 10, it should show something like ENG US in the bottom right.

Rizos92

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
Okay mine had a different issue and after trying all your suggestions I remembered that there were two types of keyboards, qwerty (what we use) and Dvorak. Now for some reason mine was on qwerty by default but my keyboard was typing as if it were Dvorak. The way I fixed is is I right clicked on the "EN" button on the language bar, selected "settings" and on top I selected english dvorak as my default input language. Then I selected qwerty again and it fixed it. (if I didn't explain it good enough ask me)

MamaMurph

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016

Thank you for solving my problem! This has happened before, but I don't remember the solution being as easy as what you posted. You Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.