My laptop overheated

Gabriel L

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
1
0
4,510
0
Hello, just looking for some advice. Last night before I went to sleep I put my laptop in my bag to charge and be ready the next day. When I woke up I was getting my bag ready and notified the laptop was extremely hot. So I pull it out and open it and find that it hadn't been sleeping all night and instead had been just been on the login screen. When I logged in I noticed that what was on the screen all night had been burned in, specifically the lock screen clock on Win10. I unplugged the laptop to move it to my desk and the power turned off immediately, so I'm guessing the battery is dead. In my power options I had "turn the display off when plugged in" to never, but I had "what to do when the lid is shut" to sleep. So I'm not sure which setting takes dominance but now I'm guessing it is the first one. Either way shouldn't the laptop turn off from overheating? Or overheating for a long period of time? So I guess right now I'm guessing something is wrong with the screen and the battery is probably dead, along with other things I have yet to find. The laptop is a new (this month) MSI Apache-004. Would what happened be covered by warrenty? Would love any input on this :) thank you.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
a12d Laptop Tech Support 5
G Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
mrmalone Laptop Tech Support 6
R Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 5
P Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY