My Laptop screen wont turn on after graphics card update

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kent21

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I have an Acer Aspire V5-122 and earlier I updated its video card driver. As I remember the new driver was called AMD Crimson update 16.3.2 and was the suitable driver update for my laptop. When it was done installing it said that it needed to restart and when it did. It never opened. The power indicator is on but the screen is completely black. I tried force shutting down and turning it on again but it didnt work. I need help please

Solution

Hi Kent how's your Laptop now? If not displaying until now you need to open the case and fine the BIOS battery and remove it so that it will back to factory default and you can press F8 for safemode to restore your OS. If you can't do this find a service center to perform this.

combinebasic

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

Hi Kent how's your Laptop now? If not displaying until now you need to open the case and fine the BIOS battery and remove it so that it will back to factory default and you can press F8 for safemode to restore your OS. If you can't do this find a service center to perform this.

Solution

combinebasic

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

Did you perform what I said here?If not displaying until now you need to open the case and find the BIOS battery and remove it so that it will back to factory default and you can press F8 for safemode to restore your OS. If you can't do this find a service center to perform this.