My laptop suddenly shut down.

duboisi

Commendable
May 14, 2016
I was having some problems with my charger, it was not working properly sometimes and it stopped charging from time to time, when i move the cable around a bit it would start to charge my laptop again. Same thing happened today as well, except for when i played with the cable my laptop shut down completely and it wont turn on(the battery was at %100) I plugged it off and it still wont turn on, i dont see any indicator lights either. It just seems "dead." Has anyone experienced something like this? What can i do? Thanks.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- Next is to test the AC adapter itself and the battery.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect the AC adapter and see if the laptop will boot up or not.
- If the laptop will boot up with just the AC adapter connected that could mean that the battery is faulty.
- But if it will still not boot up do try a different AC adapter first that has the same voltage and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If you said that you'll need to wiggle the charger cable inorder for it to work then the problem would be the charging port itself not the AC adapter.
- But you also mentioned that your laptop doesn't boot up with it's battery that is 100% charged so that could also be an indication that the battery is faulty already.

duboisi

Commendable
May 14, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to answer! The thing is I have toshiba L50-A and its battery is built in itself, i dont know how i am supposed to remove the battery out of it. So i guess there is not much i can do about it but turning it over to warranty, eh?

hang-the-9

Titan
If it's in warranty, why don't you contact the vendor first? Trying to take it apart yourself in many cases would void the warranty unless you are a certified tech.. Did you try a different charger? Chances are you have a loose charger plug in the laptop, but could be a charger issue as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
awesomeballer69 Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 13
R Laptop Tech Support 4
S Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 3