My laptop suddenly shut down.

duboisi

Commendable
May 14, 2016
I was having some problems with my charger, it was not working properly sometimes and it stopped charging from time to time, when i move the cable around a bit it would start to charge my laptop again. Same thing happened today as well, except for when i played with the cable my laptop shut down completely and it wont turn on(the battery was at %100) I plugged it off and it still wont turn on, i dont see any indicator lights either. It just seems "dead." Has anyone experienced something like this? What can i do? Thanks.

Solution
If it's in warranty, why don't you contact the vendor first? Trying to take it apart yourself in many cases would void the warranty unless you are a certified tech.. Did you try a different charger? Chances are you have a loose charger plug in the laptop, but could be a charger issue as well.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- Next is to test the AC adapter itself and the battery.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect the AC adapter and see if the laptop will boot up or not.
- If the laptop will boot up with just the AC adapter connected that could mean that the battery is faulty.
- But if it will still not boot up do try a different AC adapter first that has the same voltage and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If you said that you'll need to wiggle the charger cable inorder for it to work then the problem would be the charging port itself not the AC adapter.
- But you also mentioned that your laptop doesn't boot up with it's battery that is 100% charged so that could also be an indication that the battery is faulty already.

duboisi

Commendable
May 14, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to answer! The thing is I have toshiba L50-A and its battery is built in itself, i dont know how i am supposed to remove the battery out of it. So i guess there is not much i can do about it but turning it over to warranty, eh?

If it's in warranty, why don't you contact the vendor first? Trying to take it apart yourself in many cases would void the warranty unless you are a certified tech.. Did you try a different charger? Chances are you have a loose charger plug in the laptop, but could be a charger issue as well.

Solution