My laptop uses Intel Graphics Card instead of Nvidia (Optimus problem ?)

TabiZzFR

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
Hi everyone,
i bought a laptop (Asus G552VW), he uses gtx960m and Intel HD 530 Graphics.

But when i want to launch a game with steam for example, my game starts with wrong card (INTEL) instead of my Nvidia.

In my Nvidia Control Panel, i set auto for global settings (in 3D settings) and i set Nvidia for my Game.exe... But it's not working !

If i disable my Nvidia Card my game starts immediately (but low FPS) and if y enable my Nvidia Card in Device Manager, my game takes 2/3minutes to start... and finally with my Intel !

I'm a little bit disappointed about this problem... I heard about Optimus technology wich could not working but i don't really know how i can fix it !

If someone has the same problem, help me !

Thanks a lot,
Bast

Solution
Battery might be the problem as mentioned above... My laptop with a graphics card doesn't even run the card on battery because it is really power hungry...

Intel has a program that is supposed to swap back and forth between your two graphics options as needed... I can't remember what it is right now, perhaps it is not functioning or needs updating...

Adam

adamscurr

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
Battery might be the problem as mentioned above... My laptop with a graphics card doesn't even run the card on battery because it is really power hungry...

Intel has a program that is supposed to swap back and forth between your two graphics options as needed... I can't remember what it is right now, perhaps it is not functioning or needs updating...

Adam

Solution