My laptop will turn on with the charger plugged in, but the battery won't charge?

guitar_dad

Estimable
Jan 2, 2016
I have a Lenovo G50 and I dropped it earlier and the battery popped out but other than that I can't tell what specifically might have been damaged. The battery still has some power left in it but when I plugged it in it wouldn't charge. I took the battery out and plugged it in and it turned on. Does anyone know what part would specifically have been damaged?

Solution
is not a charging port issue as in the jack that the power adapter plugs into as the laptop still works using the power adapter. take a look in the battery bay at the copper contacts that go into the battery when battery is installed to see if any are bent. there is about 6 or more flat copper contacts in the bay. also try this. remove battery, disconnect power adapter from laptop, hold down the power button for a 20 count, reinstall batter, reconnect power adapter & turn on laptop.

ffg7

Splendid
is not a charging port issue as in the jack that the power adapter plugs into as the laptop still works using the power adapter. take a look in the battery bay at the copper contacts that go into the battery when battery is installed to see if any are bent. there is about 6 or more flat copper contacts in the bay. also try this. remove battery, disconnect power adapter from laptop, hold down the power button for a 20 count, reinstall batter, reconnect power adapter & turn on laptop.

Solution

Rolpst456

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
I have an ASUS X450J. When i plug in the charger it will turn on. When i unplugged it, it will shut down. Even do there is he writting 72% Avaible (Plugged in, Not charging). Can you tell me a solution for this? i lived at boarding and its ard for me to find solutions.