My laptop won't connect to my blu ray player or samsung tv when screen haring, what do i do?

eddy673

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
Hello there,

I have a HP 15-f014wm Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) , 64-BIT. I've been trying to screenshare my laptop to my samsung tv and or blu ray player but a few problems have been occuring. For example sometimes my laptop connects to my tv but it rarely does. It regonizes the tv but when connecting. It doesn't always connect and when doing ,so it turns black for a split second, maybe about two times, and then says it cannot connect. It's also occuring with my blu ray player aswell. Before whenever i connected my laptop to my blue ray player it connected easily but it's becoming more difficult. It regonizes the blu ray player and my laptop connects to it but then afterwards, my tv says its connected, my screen turns black for a split second about 2-3 times, i wait 30 seconds and then it tells me it cannot connect.

I've tried to update my blu ray player, laptop and tv; i tried disconnecting my internet again and again; restarted my computer many times;And have had my laptop slightly close to it as my laptop is usually 5-10 ft away from it and i just don't know what to do.

It would be great if someone could help with this problem and thank you for the person who does.

Solution
When two devices connect with HDMI there is a "handshake" that occurs so that they detect and set themselves correctly. This can be tricky because some devices don't meet the HDMI specs exactly so certain combinations of source (PC), HDMI cable. and TV won't work properly.
Sometimes the order that you turn devices on matters. Try turning on the TV , selecting the correct HDMI input, and then booting the PC. Try the reverse order if you did it that way.
Use a different HDMI cable (a short HDMI cable is less likely to have issues). Try a different HDMI input on the TV.
Make sure that the resolution of the 2nd display (your TV) is set to the native resolution of the TV.
When two devices connect with HDMI there is a "handshake" that occurs so that they detect and set themselves correctly. This can be tricky because some devices don't meet the HDMI specs exactly so certain combinations of source (PC), HDMI cable. and TV won't work properly.
Sometimes the order that you turn devices on matters. Try turning on the TV , selecting the correct HDMI input, and then booting the PC. Try the reverse order if you did it that way.
Use a different HDMI cable (a short HDMI cable is less likely to have issues). Try a different HDMI input on the TV.
Make sure that the resolution of the 2nd display (your TV) is set to the native resolution of the TV.

Solution