My laptop won't display anything

smcpweedy

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017
Hey guys.. My Acer laptop won't display anything its completely blank but when I charge it, the small light turns on as well as when I turn it on, it just doesn't display. Worse part is that it has a built in battery. Please help

Solution
It's not hard to remove and replace it. My wife's ES1 has an internal battery the length of which is the width of the laptop by 3" wide and barely ¼ thick. Look up your model on e-Bay to get an idea from the photographs if it's simlar.

You'll need a .5 Posidrive srewdriver and an old bank or hotel room entry card then it's only a matter of removing the sixteen visible screws under the base of the machine. They're all the same size so don't bother to keep them separate.

Use the plastic card gently to ease the palmrest/keyboard assembly from the base. It's best to start with the card at 45° to one of the front corners. Once you're in, carefully ease it all round the front and sides and lift until you can see the inside. The...
It's not hard to remove and replace it. My wife's ES1 has an internal battery the length of which is the width of the laptop by 3" wide and barely ¼ thick. Look up your model on e-Bay to get an idea from the photographs if it's simlar.

You'll need a .5 Posidrive srewdriver and an old bank or hotel room entry card then it's only a matter of removing the sixteen visible screws under the base of the machine. They're all the same size so don't bother to keep them separate.

Use the plastic card gently to ease the palmrest/keyboard assembly from the base. It's best to start with the card at 45° to one of the front corners. Once you're in, carefully ease it all round the front and sides and lift until you can see the inside. The click sounds make you tink you wrecked it but they're only overacting.

Be very careful with the trackpad and keyboard ribbon cables, being sure to unclip them from the connector so they come out easily.

Two screws hold the battery in if I remember rightly and putting it all back together is as simple as removing it.

Solution