My LED TV is not projecting laptop content through VGA HDMI adaptor

Sriniketh R

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
I have Samsung LED TV and Lenovo G505s AMD powered laptop. I could project the laptop content through HDMI cable and i have a male - male VGA cable and VGA to HDMI cable and tried projecting via VGA port of same laptop. However, it is not detected in laptop. Kindly advice how to check cable and other things. both are brand new

Solution
Most HDMI/VGA adapters only work if you use HDMI as the output and VGA as the input. It sounds like you are trying to do the opposite.
If your laptop only has VGA for output you will need either to buy a VGA to HDMI active converter or use one of the analog inputs on your tv (you can use a VGA to Component adapter).

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
Most HDMI/VGA adapters only work if you use HDMI as the output and VGA as the input. It sounds like you are trying to do the opposite.
If your laptop only has VGA for output you will need either to buy a VGA to HDMI active converter or use one of the analog inputs on your tv (you can use a VGA to Component adapter).

Solution

Sriniketh R

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015

Thank you. Is active converter is different from normal converters?. because i have one
http://www.flipkart.com/speed-hdmi-male-vga-female-sound-cable/p/itmdzhx3b8d5q4ex?pid=ACCDYVVMTTWGYHG3

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014

TRENDING THREADS