Question My Lenovo IdeaPad 320 Laptop AMD keeps playing Speaker Audio to the Microphone when I use it on external apps.

Aug 11, 2020
So I've had this issue for a while now and it's really been pissing me off.

I recently switched to this laptop and it's been smoother than my old one, but there's still one issue that I can't seem to fix.
It only has one audio jack and it detects both the mic and the earphones. I've used a splitter before to use an external mic but that's not my problem.

My problem is that whenever I use the mic in an app like Discord, Teamspeak, etc
The mic also picks up whatever sound is playing through the speakers so it ends up repeating whatever someone in the call says back.
If I'm playing music, the mic also picks it up. This happens even with an audio splitter.

I've tried literally everything I can think of to stop this.
Reinstalling Realtek HD's latest drivers, turning stereo mix on and off, making sure "Listen to this device" is off, etc.

I'm considering getting an external USB sound card, but I'm not sure if that'll work because one of my friends said that it's probably a Realtek driver issue.
What should I do?

So I've had this issue for a while now and it's really been pissing me off.

I recently switched to this laptop and it's been smoother than my old one, but there's still one issue that I can't seem to fix.
It only has one audio jack and it detects both the mic and the earphones. I've used a splitter before to use an external mic but that's not my problem.

My problem is that whenever I use the mic in an app like Discord, Teamspeak, etc
The mic also picks up whatever sound is playing through the speakers so it ends up repeating whatever someone in the call says back.
If I'm playing music, the mic also picks it up. This happens even with an audio splitter.

I've tried literally everything I can think of to stop this.
Reinstalling Realtek HD's latest drivers, turning stereo mix on and off, making sure "Listen to this device" is off, etc.

I'm considering getting an external USB sound card, but I'm not sure if that'll work because one of my friends said that it's probably a Realtek driver issue.
What should I do?

If you are talking about the laptop mic, then you can use headphones instead of the speakers, the mic will always hear external sounds that come into it. You talking is the same thing as music coming from the speakers so someone talks, your speakers play it, the mic hears it and sends that audio to the chat.

Aug 11, 2020
If you are talking about the laptop mic, then you can use headphones instead of the speakers, the mic will always hear external sounds that come into it. You talking is the same thing as music coming from the speakers so someone talks, your speakers play it, the mic hears it and sends that audio to the chat.

I do use headphones and an external mic. I don't use the speakers or mic built into the laptop.
My problem is that even with headphones, whatever audio plays in the headphones also plays through the mic.