My Lenovo ideapad flex 14 won't turn on

Velociraptor_1

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016
When I push the power button, the laptops lights and fan turn on, but the screen just remains offed. I have also tried the hard reset but without any success. But when I try unplugging the power source, plugging it in again and then turning it on, there's this beeping sound coming from the laptop

So it sounds like the laptop is running, just the display is the problem.

Try turning off the laptop, connect any external monitor, turn on the external monitor, and then turn on the laptop.

If you can see your screens on the external monitor, then the problem lies either in the attached display or the ribbon cable that connects it.

If you can't see anything, even on the external monitor, then it is the graphics card that is done for, and you will probably need to replace the motherboard.

Either way, if the laptop is still under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about them doing the repair/replacement, so you don't void the warranty by doing the work yourself.

Velociraptor_1

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016

So first of all thank you for your reply. Well now I have found out that instead of not working, it just takes an awful amount of time to finally switch on.

misssmelisssa

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
"So first of all thank you for your reply. Well now I have found out that instead of not working, it just takes an awful amount of time to finally switch on. [/quotemsg]

Hi, I have the exact same problem with my lenovo flex 14 I'm very interested to know what you mean by "takes an awful amount of time to finally switch on" please tell what you did exactly. Did you wait til your battery drained completely and then turn it on? How long?

Help very much appreciated.

Thanks