My Lenovo Ideapad Z575 model is not turning on when i press the button the LED lights on the button goes on when i press it and when i release it, it goes off. Last night i got the power light to stay on but the screen didn't go on and it wasn't making the boot up sounds and the only thing going was the fan and it was running hard. I have done the unplug the power cord, remove the battery, ram, and the hard drive for 30 mins. with no success. Then this morning i tried it like i did before except for the hard drive and ram, I press down on the power button for 30 secs and I replace the battery and the power cord with no success. Then i remove the battery and tried it again with pressing the power button 10 times in 1 sec intervals then held the power button for 30 secs and put it back together again but with no success. Can anyone help me?
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that I suggested to others that had the same problem that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.