My lenovo laptop screen went blue/black and now it won't turn on?

QTara

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
I was working on my Y50-70 laptop when the screen went blue black, but the power did not shut off (the light was working and the screen appeared not to be off). I attempted to turn the screen light on and off but it didn't work, so I powered it down and attempted to turn it on again but now it won't turn on. The power light comes on and shuts off again within ten seconds. Should I reset it to factory settings and start all over again?

I also have the typical screen issue with this product (the frame popping off and the hinge coming apart). Could that have anything to do with this issue?

Thank you so much for your help I'm so desperate

Solution
If it shuts off in 10 seconds how are you going to restore it to factory settings? Try removing the battery and hold in the power button for 30 seconds, connect to wall power again and try to turn it on. Also re-seat the RAM. Is the system in warranty? You can try contacting Lenovo support.
If it shuts off in 10 seconds how are you going to restore it to factory settings? Try removing the battery and hold in the power button for 30 seconds, connect to wall power again and try to turn it on. Also re-seat the RAM. Is the system in warranty? You can try contacting Lenovo support.

Solution