My Lenovo laptop turns on but shows up lenovo then just shuts down ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kels1979

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
My laptop turns on shows up lenovo then shuts down and continues doing the same ... I have taken battery out etc but nothing working

Solution
Ahh I see. Sometimes the factory reset option doesn't quite work the way we hope.

That is not always the best option actually. It is better to make sure you have a copy of your OS on a disk or USB and then totally wipe the drive. Once it is done, then reinstall the OS. This will make sure there are no remnants at all of anything that was yours. If you have a CD/DVD or USB with the OS on it, I would suggest you try that now.
Try and see if the following works.

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Kels1979

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

Kels1979

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
We tried all that yesterday and pressed factory reset as got no data on it anyway but still just flashes up black screen with lenovo then goes off and just repeats same routine , we can't get into anything

Ahh I see. Sometimes the factory reset option doesn't quite work the way we hope.

That is not always the best option actually. It is better to make sure you have a copy of your OS on a disk or USB and then totally wipe the drive. Once it is done, then reinstall the OS. This will make sure there are no remnants at all of anything that was yours. If you have a CD/DVD or USB with the OS on it, I would suggest you try that now.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.