My lenovo laptop wont charge

Apr 11, 2018
.Can turn on
.Still has power
.Has new charger
.Non removable battery
.Lenovo ideapad 100s
.4-5 years old

I’ve tried everything and nothing works i need an answer that would preferably cost nothing but if it comes to it i will spend some money on it. Please give me an answer asap and any tips to keep it from happening again. If i need a new laptop please suggest which lenovo laptop would be best (under $800) when i plug it in it wont show a charging light and wont even say “plugged in, not charging” PLEASE HELP i need it for important things and if you can provide a step by step proccess thank you if you help me :)

penguintech

Distinguished
There is a special button called the Novo Button. It’s in different places in different models. On Ideapad 100-15IBD, it’s a recessed button next to the power plug. Push that button with a paper clip, the laptop should come to life and bring up a boot menu.

Don’t pick system recovery unless you have a really good reason to do it. Pick the first option, which is normal startup. Your computer will boot normally.

it may take 1 or 2 times to boot normally, but this is the only fix I have found to work on these, as the battery cannot be removed.

good luck.

penguintech

Distinguished
There is a special button called the Novo Button. It’s in different places in different models. On Ideapad 100-15IBD, it’s a recessed button next to the power plug. Push that button with a paper clip, the laptop should come to life and bring up a boot menu.

Don’t pick system recovery unless you have a really good reason to do it. Pick the first option, which is normal startup. Your computer will boot normally.

it may take 1 or 2 times to boot normally, but this is the only fix I have found to work on these, as the battery cannot be removed.

good luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 6
H Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 5
N Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 7
S Laptop Tech Support 1