My Lenovo Y50 shuts down exactly every 30 minutes. (No overheating)

Carro1001

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
My Lenovo Y50 is shutting down every 30 minutes, no matter what i do, i can keep it doing nothing, and it shuts down, and i discovered that sleep mode "resets" the timer, and that's the only way to use it for longer time, can somebody help? Oh and it is not a battery setting issue too as far as i checked.

Solution
If the battery is inside the chassis/case, don't go that far. If it's on the outside and is a "removable" battery, you're unlikely to break anything. :)

But in either case, it sounds like you have an electrical defect that's causing the system to shut down. The laptop may need serviced by Lenovo, or by a local technician.
Hi,

First try removing the battery and observe if it would shut down by itself. Also as you mentioned you changed some setting for sleep mode try disabling sleep mode as well first just for the purpose of testing. Lastly adjust the Power Option of your laptop. Here's are the steps on how to change it.

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/windows-8.1-sleep-hibernation-settings,2-737-2.html

Make sure that you change the Hard Disk to Never or0
Under Sleep change Sleep after, Allow hybrid sleep and Hibernate after are all to be set as Never or 0

Carro1001

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
Yeah, it happens on both battery and plugged in, and about the battery... i'd try to remove it but i'm not really careful at that, and as far as i know, i haven't seen any forum witht the same problem as me with an actual solution.

If the battery is inside the chassis/case, don't go that far. If it's on the outside and is a "removable" battery, you're unlikely to break anything. :)

But in either case, it sounds like you have an electrical defect that's causing the system to shut down. The laptop may need serviced by Lenovo, or by a local technician.

Solution