My little sister's Galaxy Tab 3 is really slow! How do I make it faster?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougddd

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
My little sisters Galaxy Tab 3 is super slow and laggy. How do I make it faster? Even when you press the home button it takes a good 5 seconds to get the home. When you try to press the unlock button to turn on the tab it takes like 4 seconds. So slow. What should I do to make it faster?

Solution

One way is to set it back to factory default. You would have to reset everything up and the app you purchased you will be able to DL again. I've noticed a slowdown with android when you update to a major OS update.

tadas_385

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017

I Opened my tablet and took out the SD card (its the tablet storage) not your own you put in from tablet outside and then with adapter i put into computer then goto
perfrormance and ReadyBoost make it more. Tablet will be faster but u will have less space in the storage

Sorry for bad grammar. Im Not From English

adw2011

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017

adw2011

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
Like you, I was duped into buying a SAMSUNG tablet. I have a Tab E. My tablet is so slow, many times it just stops working. The best thing I can suggest is spend the extra money and buy an Apple product. SAMSUNG makes lousy products. They don't use fast enough chips or provide enough memory. My next tablet has to be an Apple.

ameliaairhead1998

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
It has severe operational problems.
Plethora of unused apps installed by default - and at best it looks like you can only revert to factory version. Why this matters? It's a total glutton of your bandwidth with update/update/update for junk you never use.

And be forewarned, factory reset, as advised by many, will throw your system into lengthy update mode for every one of those apps. I found no better performance after doing so either so it was a massive waste of time.

I can only assume Google has very low standards for their development.

nottimcook

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017

Is yours an LTE version and/or Verizon specifically?

jenellernagata

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
Do you have secure folder app installed in your Tab S3? I encountered a similar problem where the my Tab would lag, freeze, or glitch out when I unlocked it or tried to get to the home screen, but after I uninstalled the secure folder app out of frustration the Tab functioned like new for me. Maybe try to uninstall secure folder app from the Tab and see if that fixes it.

nottimcook

Prominent
Dec 8, 2017
Forgot about this thread...
I was using Nova launcher when I had the lag issues. Something made me think that could be the issues at some point so I switched to the Google Now launcher and that really solved all my problems. Not sure whether I have the secure folder app but if I do I've never used it.

Mar 24, 2018

Hi
i had the same problem with my Samsung galaxy tab , i did everything you could imagine from uninstall programs to clean the phone and complete restart and restore . but nothing made any difference , until i heard about apple that intentionally slow down some devices . and apple said the reason is weak battery , but i think it is for marketing reason . so this info gave me idea to fix my problem.
first i installed a cpu monitor app from play store and i saw that the CPU frequency is 50 % less than originally advertised !!!
so first i root the device , then installed cpu overdrive program from play store also .
by cpu overdrive program i managed to change maximum cpu frequency from 600 Mhz to 1080 MHz , originally my samsung tablet had 1080 Mhz but after last update it forced to 600 Mhz.
by this adjust to cpu , the tablet brought back to original speed .
i have to say that i did this by my own risk , although it was safe and fast . but guaranteed same speed as before .

Mar 24, 2018

yes factory default help with some cases , but with many devices the problem comes to the limiting the cpu frequencies . some manufacturers say it is because of old battery and it cause over heating or exploding of battery .
root your phone , install cpu kernel adiutor (root) app , and safely bring back cpu to original speed .

Mar 24, 2018

yes factory default help with some cases , but with many devices the problem comes to the limiting the cpu frequencies . some manufacturers say it is because of old battery and it cause over heating or exploding of battery .
root your phone , install cpu kernel adiutor (root) app , and safely bring back cpu to original speed .

Mar 24, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.