My main cursor is disappearing for no reason.

Kleytis

Commendable
May 22, 2016
I have been using an HP Pavilion x360 convertible for over half a year now and this problem just recently started. My main cursor would just disappear without any reason and would not return unless I restarted my laptop. The cursors for other uses are unaffected. I have searched the internet for any kind of solution and none of them worked for me. I have also tried troubleshooting and the problem was something along the lines of 'Recent changes were made to the computer', and I am not sure what to do afterwards. I am using Windows 8.1, can upgrading to Windows 10 change anything? I would really appreciate help.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the Touchpad driver that may help in solving the issue.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the Touchpad driver.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72919.exe
- If the driver will not work you can always just download them from HP support site.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed then test it again,
- If it will still not work do reinstall Windows 10.
- And if all these will not work then the problem is the touchpad itself and sending it for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.
Hi,

Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the Touchpad driver that may help in solving the issue.
- Open Device Manager and uninstall the Touchpad driver.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72919.exe
- If the driver will not work you can always just download them from HP support site.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed then test it again,
- If it will still not work do reinstall Windows 10.
- And if all these will not work then the problem is the touchpad itself and sending it for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.

Solution