My Month with the Amazon Fire TV Cube: Pros and Cons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2018
you do know there is a youtube app on the fire tv its called smarttube and the other one call mobiletube

Jul 20, 2018
you do know there is a youtube app on the fire tv its called smart youtube and mobiletube as well

henrytcasey

Senior Writer
Herald
May 1, 2015

Neither of those is acceptable. They're both completely junk-looking third party clients that ... look completely sketchy.

For example:
"Record audio" is a listed permission needed by Mobile Tube.
"Access fine (e.g., GPS) location" and "Access coarse (e.g., Cell-ID, Wi-Fi) location" are demands of Smart Tube.

None of those are necessary requirements, and both apps look like they could and should be kicked out of the Fire Store, though I doubt that will happen.

The real issue, though, is that there needs to be an *official* app from YouTube.

henrytcasey

Senior Writer
Herald
May 1, 2015

Further, look at the reviews of Mobiletube:

"Literally only takes you to Youtube the website. Kinda useless", gushes Tammy Tran
"No good, I didn't like it" said Mother Earth
"Not very functional" said Lillith williams

Meanwhile, Smart Tube has 2 five star reviews that speak nothing to what they liked about these apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
henrytcasey Audio 3
J Audio 1
G Audio 1
Paul Wagenseil Audio 1
M Audio 2
Y Audio 5
AndrewFreedman Audio 3
D Audio 1
M Audio 1