My mouse icon does not come up I have pressed fn6 but nothing happens

mjricc

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
When I turn on my computer I get the page that says I have to sign in. I have tried using my mouse pad but cannot get a cursor. I have tried using fn6 but that does nothing. I cannot get to my homepage to get to my control panel. My lsptop is the Lenova 100s

It maybe the keyboard that is the issue. Try turning it off and connecting an external keyboard. Then it should allow you to log in. Once in, to see if it is the keyboard or the drivers ...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting then external keyboard again and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

It maybe the keyboard that is the issue. Try turning it off and connecting an external keyboard. Then it should allow you to log in. Once in, to see if it is the keyboard or the drivers ...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting then external keyboard again and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

You may also want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 1
cwf Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 2
LoolKovsky Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
adaloud Laptop Tech Support 2