Question My new Asus takes to much time on a blacks screen before loading Win 8 Logon screen

francisexpress

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Hi

I've just bougt a new ASUS FA506IU-HN278 R7. It's a TUF Gaming laptop (AMD Ryzen 7, 16gb rRAM, SSD 1Gb and a GTX 1660i.

It cam with no OS but no problem, I've installed Windows 10 on it.

The question is that, considering it's hardware, I expected it to load windows in just a few seconds.

However it actually takes too much time since to load the actual windows 10 logon screen from the moment I press the "turn on" button" . It spends more than 15 seconds showing a black screen until the windows logon screen finally apears.

I must admit that once I logon it quickly loads windows itself. But I expected windows to load in just a few seconds from the moment I pressed the "turn on" button.

Is this normal? Could this be some kind of BIOS misconfiguration? I loaded the bios setep and reseted to the defaut settings. But it keeps taking the same time to load windows logon screen.

Thanks in advance for your opinion,

Regards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
F3ArxDragons Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
I Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 4
K Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 15