My new laptop doesn't recognize USB sticks or have internet

anduopt

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
So i bought a Lenovo V110 and it doesn't recognize USB sticks or have internet and it doesnt have a DVD Writer. The Usb works when booting, I installed Windows 7 six times already on 32 bit and 64, i even tried a diffrent kind of windows.
It's installing without problems but when I get on the desktop, it has the following problems:
1. Both USB slots do not read any stick(the USB work on my other PC) so I can't install my drivers
2. The drivers do not work(as shown in the photo), i tried disabling and unninstalling( https://imgur.com/a/DKA27 )
3. I can't install the internet drivers without access to my Usb or without internet or Dvd's
DKA27

Solution
Check the BIOS, some business laptops have security options to disable the WLAN and USB ports. Also, it seems Lenovo doesn't support Windows 7 on that device. It might still work, but Windows 7 doesn't always install USB 3.0 or 3.1 controllers automatically. Try changing the USB controller to 2.0 mode in the BIOS. You could also use the command prompt in the Windows recovery environment to transfer the files to your hard drive, or transfer them to the hard drive in Ubuntu with a live CD and then run setup file in Windows.

bistwo

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Check the BIOS, some business laptops have security options to disable the WLAN and USB ports. Also, it seems Lenovo doesn't support Windows 7 on that device. It might still work, but Windows 7 doesn't always install USB 3.0 or 3.1 controllers automatically. Try changing the USB controller to 2.0 mode in the BIOS. You could also use the command prompt in the Windows recovery environment to transfer the files to your hard drive, or transfer them to the hard drive in Ubuntu with a live CD and then run setup file in Windows.

Solution